Friday, February 19, 2010

Shahid: I have to dedicate all my time and presence to MAUSAM

Though announcement of the leading lady of MAUSAM is still to come by, work is progressing in full pace to get the entire pre production in place for this film which is all set to go on floors this April.
"I am glad that I have full two months to prepare for the role", says
Shahid with a wide grin, "I have a lot of time now to give to the film and since I am not working on anything else in the interim, I have requested dad that he allow me to work on some other departments in the film as well. I am quite interested in contributing to MAUSAM other than just being in the capacity of an actor and I am sure dad would be sympathetic enough to give me an opportunity."
CHECK OUT: There's no similarity between MAUSAM & Tom Cruise's TOP GUN
Meanwhile Shahid has all his energy focused towards MAUSAM and is not picking up any other new film. Is it a revised way of working for him where he would be concentrating solely on one film at a time?
"That's not really the case", Shahid negates the theory here, "Also, it is not that just because it is dad's film, I am giving it any extra attention. MAUSAM is the kind of film which an actor should be doing in a single stretch without working on anything else. The script is such that as an actor, I have to dedicate all my time and presence to it. Its more to do with the subject and the character than anything else and you would see it for yourself once the film releases."
Meanwhile there is no stopping of releases for Shahid in the first half of 2010. After CHANCE PE DANCE which came in January, Shahid would be seen in friend Ahmed Khan's
PAATHSHAALA this April. While there are also talks of his long pending MILENGE MILENGE(with Kareena Kapoor) gearing up for April release as well, the month of June may also see the arrival of Yash Raj Film's BADMAASH COMPANY directed by Parmeet Sethi which has Anushka Sharma as the leading lady.

No comments: