Thursday, September 16, 2010

Maestro's Yet Another Stroke

Music is his religion, language and universe. Isaignani Ilayaraja has the ruler of music over the ages and even after years of accomplishing with incomparable achievements, his achievements continue. Ilayaraja has been awarded for ‘Best Background Score’ (Pazhasi Raja).
Gleefully speaking to media channels, Ilayaraja said, “I have previously won 3 National awards. But I feel this one to be as special as ‘Background Score’ estimates the real identity of a music director. It was an usual score for Pazhasi Raja that I had composed. But when juxtaposed with the grand visuals shot by Hariharan, I felt there was a sort of irrelevance between music and visuals. Apparently with the request of filmmaker Hariharan, I started composing newfangled music with symphonic orchestration. Today, I stand elated bagging this prestigious award…
Ilayaraja had previously won National awards for Sindhu Bhairavi (1986) and the Telugu films Rudraveena (1989) and Saagara Sangamam (1984)

No comments: