Thursday, December 31, 2009

Rajkumar Hirani: I may do a fantasy or an animation film

After making three back-to-back feel good heart warming films with a message - MUNNABHAI MBBS, LAGE RAHO MUNNABHAI and now 3 IDIOTS, there is a world of opportunity out there for writer-director Rajkumar Hirani. With limitless options of picking and choosing a subject belonging to any genre that he may wish to explore, Hirani is now expressing his desire to dabble into the world of fantasy or animation.
"I want to do what I enjoy doing most", says Hirani whose 3 IDIOTS is now en route to being the biggest money spinner of the year 2009, "This is the basic principle that I have followed right through my film making career so far. Films like 3 IDIOTS and 'Munnabhai' series are a lot of fun for me. They belong to feel good genre where you laugh and cry when you step out of the auditorium after watching them."
CHECK OUT: 3 IDIOTS Movie Review
This pretty much seems to be following the basic message that he has tried to spread though his Aamir Khan, Madhavan and Sharman Joshi starrer as well. He has stated through his characters in the film that one must do what he/she enjoys doing most rather than following something just because the rest of the world is doing it and perhaps getting better success.
"I am not here to prove a point to anyone", says Hirani, "Due to this very reason I can afford to do what I wish to do. Currently I am plain and simple enjoying what I am doing and this is how I want things to be for my subsequent films as well. Really, I am in no hurry to make movies."
"I like films belonging to fantasy and animation genre. In fact I may end up making one myself. In fact biographies interest me a lot as well so I could even pick up one such subject as well", he adds as an after thought.

No comments: