Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dubbing woes for Jacqueline Fernandez

Time and again one has heard about how actors cry foul when their voice is dubbed by someone else. Though it is a known fact that when it comes to newcomers, it is imperative that services of a professional are sought. However, for those who are stepping into Bollywood for the first time, it is an inherent desire to have their original voice to be heard by millions of cine-goers.
In case of ex-Miss Sri Lanka, Jacqueline Fernandez a.k.a. Jackie who would be seen in JAANE KAHAN SE AAYI HAI and was just learning the ropes as far as Hindi was concerned, it was a different scenario. Instead of getting ecstatic about the 'opportunity' given to her to lend her voice behind the mike, she vehemently protested before ultimately giving in to the wishes of her director Milap Zaveri.
CHECK OUT: Jacqueline proves the adage of 'Aasmaan Se Tapka' right
"It was an alien situation out there", laughs Jackie who is playing the role of an alien from Venus in this romantic comedy, "I am new to Hindi and this is why I was relieved when someone else dubbed for me in my debut flick ALADIN. For obvious reasons, I was always under the impression that same would be repeated in JAANE KAHAN SE AAYI HAI as well since my Hindi still hadn't reached perfection while I was shooting for the film."
As task was set out for her and in all seriousness, Jackie ended up spending some time to get at least bare minimum finesse in the dubbing room.
"In all seriousness, I sat down, took a deep breath and took some time off to pull up my socks. Thankfully, due to a wonderful crew and especially my co-star and friend Sonal Sehgal, I started feeling much better after every scene. Yes, it all went well eventually but honestly, if I look back at the shoot of JAANE KAHAN SE AAYI AAYI, it was dubbing which was the most challenging piece of work than whatever else that I did for the film", says Jackie with a sign of relief.
JAANE KAHAN SE AAYI HAI is presented by Warner Bros and is a co-production of Nikhil Advani and Mukesh Talreja. The film releases all over on 9th April.

No comments: